Fit Your Slide
Many of our listing descriptions now contain Slide Sizes. These numbers are based on common ring sizes and determine how big or small the opening is on each slide.
Guitar slide collectors like me often buy slides that we later find are just too big or small due to inefficient product listings. I decided to use a classic ring mandrel to properly measure slides for the best fit.
NOTE: MANY OF OUR SLIDES ARE ALSO SENT WITH PEEL-AND-STICK FELT STRIPS THAT ENABLE YOU TO PROPERLY FIT THE INSIDE OF THE SLIDE, JUST IN CASE IT'S TOO BIG FOR YOUR FINGER.
HERE'S HOW TO DETERMINE YOUR SLIDE SIZE
1) Decide where the bottom of the slide will fit on your finger. For standard length slides, it'll be at the base of your finger. For stubby slides (which are worn at the top of the finger for greater dexterity) the slide base just above the middle knuckle.
2) Wrap a thin strip of paper around the area of your finger where the base of the slide will go.
3) Mark the point on the paper where it completes the circle.
4) Measure the length of paper with a ruler.
5) Find the slide opening size on our conversion chart below:
6) Order a bunch of slides in your size!